Whether you’re hitting the beach or jetting off to a foreign country this summer, here are some tips to keep you healthy before and during your trip!
Our vacation must have is HMF Travel Probiotic!
A healthy gut = A happy trip
- Only use bottled water for drinking and teeth brushing. Don’t drink tap water, well water, drinks with ice or unpasteurized milk.
- Be cautious at buffets and eat foods that are cooked and served hot, not at room temperature.
- Eat fruits and vegetables you have washed in clean water or peeled yourself.
- Avoid street food, raw or under-cooked (rare) meat or fish.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer. Good hand hygiene prevents the spread of germs.
Our go to is Mineral Based Sunscreens!
All the sun protection without the harmful chemicals. Check out Nature’s Fare or Amazon. One of our favorites is Eminence SPF 30 Powder and Badger Sunscreen.
The number one cause of dehydration while traveling is Diarrhea. Remember that kids under age 12 can not take anti-diarrheal medication. Natural ways to hydrate is coconut water, EmergenC, Nuun Hydration, Ultima. And remember to avoid high sugar drinks.
- Protective clothing provides a physical barrier that prevents mosquitoes from being able to feed. Wear pants, socks, shoes and long sleeve shirts when hiking.
- Try Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus to repel bugs such as Natrapel. Or look for something with less than 30% DEET.
- For bug bites, try Tea Tree directly on the bite or Cicatrisan Cream (available at Sequoia Wellness).
And most importantly, have FUN!